EARLY HEAD START
- A free voluntary home visiting service for expectant and new parents.
- Support throughout pregnancy to promote a healthy prenatal experience for parents and baby.
- Support for parents in their roles as the primary caregivers and teachers, during early childhood years.
- Comprehensive services including:
- Health & Safety
- Mental Health
- Disabilities Services
- Family Engagement
- Social Activities (called Play & Learn)
Parents will take part in activities to share with their child and play, create, and learn together.
Our Home Visitors will plan activities with parents that promote parent-child interactions and educational experiences.
Home Visitors talk with parents about goals, community resources, child development, and other topics that are important to the family.
- Learning through play! Play has been proven to be the most effective way for children to learn. A child’s play is exciting, self motivating, freely chosen, and fun.
- Social-emotional development through activities with parents, caregivers, and other children.
We focus on ensuring healthy development and the future success of your child, including:
Brain Development: Brain development begins early! Experiences, before birth and in the first few years of life, form connections in the brain. Relationships with the important people in a baby’s life build these pathways and create the structure of the baby’s brain.
Screening, Assessment, Evaluation, and Observation: These are tools for learning about a child. They provide information about each child’s interests, strengths, and needs. We parter with early intervention providers to serve families when there is concern about a developmental delay or disability.
Curriculum: We use the Growing Great Kids curriculum that is proven to work—it is research-based. The materials address all areas of developmental growth, identify early concerns, encourage healthier lifestyles, support parenting skills development, and more!